Thursday, May 30, 2019

Insomnia ...

It takes a heavy heart to write on this,
It's easy to say but hard to speak!
Have you suffered from insomnia?
Yes i have and here is my story.

For many nights when sleep is away,
The weary mind strives for days!
I can't explain this to any one of you,
How hard is staring at ceiling, eyes glued.
The memory of it put me in tears,
And its thought leaves me in shudder.
Like a baby drowning in the large sea
Many nights i cringe to helpless feel.
Nobody knows of the depth of scars
That insomnia has left on my heart .
I smile to begin my very next day,
Leaving behind the sufferings away.
Watery eyes red and heavy ,lethal mood
All set in when the sky shines of moon.
What to do when the world is sleeping around?
I loose myself in the rhythm of my words.
It helps me less to bring back life i cry for,
A good sleep and a fresh mind is all i want .
Up all night is not a pride let me tell you all,
Ask the heart deprived of the precious alarm.
Those many thoughts juggling together,
Add to the mystique of this ruthless clutter

To my days
of sleepless nights and insomniac slurs,
I make fun of it but filled with silent tears.
I can't explain to people around of this pain,
It's a dream to live those carefree sleep again.

-SSW

P.S:Yes i suffer from insomnia not all through the year but there are phases of it .It's that part of my life i avoid to talk about to anyone,because it brings an immense pain .A good sleep is a blessing to me and i pray to get my circadian rhythm back to a routine .I so wish nobody gets in to this serious suffering ,in the meanwhile i am trying all possible ways to heal myself of this .

3 comments:

  1. I'm a person who fought with depression for long periods. Sleeplessness was my faithful companion for a long period. I know how hard it is to spend sleepless nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have great respect for people who have stood by face of depression and survived.May Almighty be with you always.Never Give up!

      Delete
  2. And I thought my sleepless nights was due to addiction to PUBG.. wasn't aware of any depression 🙃

    ReplyDelete

I stopped Writing...

Why i stopped writing and then withered down with no words to carve  on the narrations of  so many perspectives At times it is therapeutic a...