Monday, May 13, 2019

8.22 ki Local

Being a hardcore Mumbaikar, i enjoy my fast paced life which runs with the speed of Western line fast local train,occasionally becomes harbor ,halts unexpectedly or Central ,kuch ata pata nahi.These terms and the pun will be relatable to the person who is regular on Mumbai local.

So to the core of this post,since past one year i travelled by local train to reach my work place.Something i never did so often in 26 years of my life as my schooling and higher education place was close to my house.It saved a lot of my time which i royally invested in extra one or two hour sleep in morning.
But traveling everyday by train developed an awareness and lots of learning.
Below is listed down my observations,lessons and joyous memories which i cherish each day now...

8:22 am ki local

Tick Tock..Eye on seconds
Well to catch this train i leave my house exactly between 8:13 to 8:16 on my phone ,advantage of staying close to station which is a blessing i must say as it gives me another opportunity to invest 15 to 20 minutes of extra sleep in morning.

So if i leave at 8:13 i can comfortably walk at times even talk on phone or check out messages.

If i leave at 8:15 i speed up however can reach exactly on time to the first class first ladies compartment  .Occasionally i run to catch the train.

If i leave by 8:16 i generally run until my calf muscles scream especially while ascending the morning mount Everest i.e the bridge.

If i leave by 8:17 i sprint like a professional athlete many a times i am hypoglycemic with all my energy reserves drained.The bridge becomes my endurance test also my capability to dodge and push people ignoring their rants running crazily with excuse me and side please.

Although i gather a lot of companions in this journey.

Beyond this if train is late i get to reach however i have fond memories of leaving my house at 8:18 and yet managing to sneak in the train.

Well this made me realize my potential and the value of seconds.
I rarely miss my train under the most unfavorable circumstances a well.!

The Familiar Un-familiar friends
Some faces in the crowd that i am used to seeing every day become a part of daily commute. Occasionally we smile ,enquire of the train when its late ,like the station master delivers first hand information to us.
Females especially are meticulous observer of dresses and other accessories .Its fun to do so many a times.
Some days when i don't see them i wonder where they are and why are they late.And if they run and catch ,bas ek awaaz ati hai :aaj toh late ho gaya" and no words exchanged!

This relation is uniquely different.When you catch same train from same compartment everyday.

The Spy Eye
Before the train halts in morning i can locate the best seat under the fan where no direct sun rays hit my eyes early morning.Well i am very sun conscious.Although my visual scanning is not at par to what is expected but certainly this is my splinter skill and i am getting better at it each day!
And when the train halts my reflexes turn too quick to jump and get to my only aim of morning time.

Although when train is late or i miss this chance i do settle with whatever little space i get to accommodate my little feet.

The Train Shopping

Its like the favourite time pass in the buzzing hiss of many ladies .Sometimes you can be fortunate to get some very good accessories at a comfortable prize.
For me train shopping is luxury ,like the shop is coming home .

The Statue Status 
Hold yourself for a minute more because next stop is.... and the train will get empty ,well empty means you can move a little more and can get enough space for your two feet to rest and extra air to breathe.
This happens during peak hour of traveling where once you get in to the train you are fixed like an anchor to the harbor until the loose end of station pulls you out.

The Sneak Peak to get out
Getting out of the train is as challenging as getting in to it.It teaches you the most important skill to survive this world and that is 'Move with the Flow' and 'Let it Go'
If you really want to add some fun and adventure to life then in the middle of this flow turn around saying you have to get down at next stop! :D


That's a brief narrative of the adventure of everyday!

-SSW



No comments:

Post a Comment

I stopped Writing...

Why i stopped writing and then withered down with no words to carve  on the narrations of  so many perspectives At times it is therapeutic a...