Tuesday, June 04, 2019

The Tale of knife


One evening i heard chitter and chatter rising from my kitchen.The stainless steel utensils knocking around with each other gossiping over their personal life.Boasted spoon of the secret behind its figure and fitness while pressure cooker noted every points carefully.The grumpy mixer was grinding its teeth while the newly wed dishes were fighting with bowls.All the utensils were busy chatting like ladies in a gathering .On one corner was resting in grief a middle aged knife who was unhappy with life .I sat next to it and held his hand in mine.Like a mother comforting its child ,i wiped its tears,took him aside and asked his reason of sadness .Initially the knife was shy to open up about its life,i stayed there longer sitting in silence and making it belief. Gradually this knife narrated its  story .
"When i was single i stayed alone with no friends and no social circle .People always thought i am meant for cutting,mending is not  my thing.For a long time i thought to be worthless until i met fork and we paired up.I had an alternate path to chose ,no more i was restricted to kitchen table but i traveled the world from one dinner table to another. Steak knife ,blunt edges,butter spreader,luncheon knife and the trend was up.Wherever i went i was privileged with fork being my live in.But good days have faded away ,with  fame comes competitors .Now i am kept aside and spoon sits hand in hand with my fork.My broken heart sees them romance in one dish.Seems they are married now ,i feel like a widow.It breaks me apart and cuts my soul.Tines and prong are playing in more ."

I kept quiet then said few words .
"I can't remember where to place the spoon but today i saw it drowned  in the bowls pool"

The knife smiled and went back to work and with fork it was paired up.

-SSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I stopped Writing...

Why i stopped writing and then withered down with no words to carve  on the narrations of  so many perspectives At times it is therapeutic a...