Friday, June 15, 2018

Roza..

"Roza",
a sacred word which means to fast...
lets leap ahead to know what it does.

So,When i say,i am fasting,
Does it mean to be just hungry,
or to keep myself all day thirsty?

Also,When i say, i am fasting,
Does it mean to eat in morning,
And once again from evening?

The answer is beyond what it seems,
It lies in knowing the seen unseen!

And so, when i vow to fast for a day,
My soul rejuvenates to smile and weigh,

The blessings around me begins to sway,
And reminds me of my strength and faith!

Hours without water and the summer heat,
How do you manage when you question me..

To this the answer lies across a divine faith,
that gets carved in my soul with every day!

The recitation of Quran makes me understand,
and shows me way that is beyond trance!

The devoutness of the day is not mere hunger,
but reflection of patience all day i remember!

 The leap of anger how well can i  suppress,
And the smile of love may be i can spread!

When my heart meets an eye of hunger,
I know the need within him that flutters!

An act of kindness is to keep it hidden,
I learn it when for 'you' my prayers begin!

When my creator showers me with mercy,
I learn to share it on my fellow beings!

They all account for every act of worship,
Rewarded equal to my roza's hardship!

My roza believes me to dream of hope,
When dusk quenches down my dry throat!

The cold water when flows through my soul,
In gratitude my pride bows down on floor!

And when i gather with all to break my fast,
My eyes shines with gleam of love and trust.

The delicacies around is the luxury of lord,
That showers my lessons with a reward!

How beautiful turns the ambience around,
When spiritual essence rises to rebound.

My heart fills with patience and prayers,
That this month brings in to dwell.....

So my roza mirrors me to know myself,
As this month takes a leap ahead

Of it , I shall cherish the memory of patience,
and every time i learnt a divine lesson!

So,When i say,i am fasting,
Its beyond me being all day hungry
or to keep myself all day thirsty!

When i say, i am fasting,
My every minute is a blessing!


-SSW


No comments:

Post a Comment

I stopped Writing...

Why i stopped writing and then withered down with no words to carve  on the narrations of  so many perspectives At times it is therapeutic a...