Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Blank Canvas

Lies in introspection, a canvas blank

seen to the word, why is it blank!

I see their colors and artisan's work

yet you peep in, where is the work!

The canvas stares back at me

I gaze through its strokes, talk to me!

I hear no words, flows a light river

I look at it close, and I see no river!

It is blank, it's empty, it shows no work

Far at sight, it reflects life's work!

Scornful, I talk aloud to the canvas seen

How do you look blank in your making?

Says Canvas...

"I am empty behind the colors seen,

Like you beings, hiding as unseen !"

Your visible is filled with artisan's craft

But there is an emptiness behind the raft!

-SSW


No comments:

Post a Comment

I stopped Writing...

Why i stopped writing and then withered down with no words to carve  on the narrations of  so many perspectives At times it is therapeutic a...